Employees' State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. For all employees earning Rs.15000/- or less per month as wages, the employer contributes 4.75 percent and employee contributes 1.75 percent, total share 6.5 percent.
A complete medical care is provided to the insured person as well as his family members from the day he starts an insurable employment.
Cash compensation at the rate of 70 per cent of wages is payable to insured workers during sickness for a maximum of 91 days a year.
Other benefits of the ESIC registration includes maternity benefits, disability benefits and dependent’s benefits.
The Act is applicable, in the first instance, to all factories other than seasonal factories. Government of Maharashtra has extended the provisions of the Act to establishments of hotels, restaurants, shops, cinemas and newspapers employing 20 or more employees situated in Greater Bombay and certain talukas of Thane District.
Factory is now defined as:
Every employee employed in or in connection with the work of a factory or establishment covered by the Act and drawing wages up to Rs. 15000.00 per month (with effect from 1 May 2010) is required to be insured under the Act.
The following six kinds of benefits are provided under the Act:
(i) Sickness benefit,
(ii) Maternity benefit,
(iii) Disablement benefit,
(iv) Dependent’s benefit,
(v) Medical benefit and
(vi) Funeral expense.
ESIC does apply to a person employed through a contractor if the person is otherwise covered by the Act.
The Act does apply to employees working in the Head Office or the Branch Offices of factories covered by the Act if such employees are doing work connected with the administration of factories.
I am writing to let you know how much I appreciate the outstanding customer service that your staff provided. Your staff was very attentive and helpful. The employees I interacted with, were very knowledgeable about process, they genuinely interested in helping me. You have put together a great team that makes customers feel respected and valued. I will continue to do business with Filingenie in the future, as well as recommend it to others.
Great price for all the work they did. Everything was completed promptly and made extremely easy for me. They were very patient and answered questions to my understanding and pace.